There are a few steps that preoperative patients need to complete before NV LASIK can be done, such as preliminary preoperative examination and an eye evaluation, which will be performed by our refractive surgery specialists.
PREOPERATIVE NV LASIK PREPARATION
The EYE examination There are a few steps that preoperative patients need to complete before NV LASIK can be done, such as preliminary preoperative examination and an eye evaluation, which will be performed by our refractive surgery specialists. It will take 2-3 hours for the eye examination, the step as follows
- the corneal curvature and the corneal thickness by Orbscan and Topography
- the pupil diameter by infrared Pupillometer
- the refraction by Auto Refractometer
- Manifest refraction before pupil dilatation with refractionist.
- Measure Wavefront by OPDScan
- dilate the pupil (this will be effecting your vision and light sensitivity)
- Cycloplegic refraction after the pupil dilatation with refractionist.
- work up examination and discuss with our refractive surgeon
1. Taking off the contact lens before the preoperative examination
- For soft contact lenses, the contact lenses need to be taken off 3 days ahead of the day of consultation.
- For hard contact lenses, the contact lenses need to be taken off 7 days ahead of time.The reason is that wearing contacts lenses, for a long time, could change the curvature of the cornea, therefore the refraction have changed as well. Not wearing contact lens, for a while, will cause the shape and the curvature of eye to revert back to its natural shape, enabling us to get more precise data of the cornea.
2. Due to the blurry vision that results after the dilatation of the eyes, it is recommended that the patient be accompanied by a relative or close friend. Dilation because the eyes to become extremely light sensitive and the patient might not be able to drive a vehicle after dilating the pupil.
3. Bring a pair of sun glasses is recommended.