Post operative LASIK
To avoid complications and to ensure the rapid healing process of the eyes, please comply with the following guidelines.
First day post-operative
- If there is an excess of tears or discomfort or itching around your eyes, do not take the eye shield off. You should use soft cotton to gently clean around the eye shield
- Get rest and try to keep both eyes closed. We advise against watching television or reading, since these activities only irritate your treated eye(s). If you cannot sleep, it is suggested to take low dose sleeping pills, which will be provided.
- Allow the surgeon to remove the bandage lens after surgery – this will occur during your first aftercare visit (in the event that the bandage lens comes out before the visit, no attempt must be made to replace it yourself).
First week post-operative
- Instill the antibiotic drops and tear substitution as prescribed.
- Put on the eye shield at night to avoid accidental contact.
- Be careful of getting water or dust in your eyes and do not rub your eyes. Please wear protective goggles during contact sports or if there is any risk of debris entering the eye.
- Avoid make-up, especially at the sensitive area around the eyes.
- Wear sun glasses outside at all times to alleviate eye irritation and/or a burning sensation in the eyes.
Normally the check-up appointment times would be post operative LASIK 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, 1 year and 2 year