There are a few steps that preoperative patients need to complete before surgery can be done, such as preliminary preoperative examination and an eye evaluation, which will be performed by our refractive surgery specialists.
- A Good Candidate for Phakic IOL Treatment
- Preoperative Phakic IOL Preparation
- Step of Phakic IOL Treatment
- Post Operative Phakic IOL Treatment
A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR PHAKIC IOL TREATMENT
1. Patients who desire to eliminate their dependence on glasses or contact lenses, but are not candidates for LASIK or PRK.
2. Patients must be 18 years old or above and have a stable prescription for at least 1 year.
3. Patients who have
- Nearsightedness between -3.00 to -23.00 Diopters
- Farsightedness between +3.00 to +19.00 Diopters
- Astigmatism between -1.00 to -6.00 Diopters
4. Patients who have good ocular health and have no eye diseases such like glaucoma, cataract or retinal degeneration.
5. Patients who have adequate understanding and realistic expectations of the benefits and limitations of Phakic IOL.